Atlantic PIRI’s mission is to be a leader in harmonized regulatory and site-specific approaches to impacted site management. Atlantic PIRI’s Strategic Plan (2015 – 2020) outlines the key elements—including vision, values, strategic goals, and performance indicators—to support its efforts to:
- Champion progressive and sustainable management of impacted sites;
- Support Atlantic regulators and all stakeholders in the application of Atlantic RBCA;
- Promote brownfield development through communication and engagement of government and private sector stakeholders;
- Integrate technical advances into the Atlantic RBCA process to ensure equivalent or better protection than the CCME Canada-wide Standards for Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Soil for specific Atlantic Canada applications; and
- Serve as forum for collaboration in discussing issues and regulatory changes to implement harmonized and sustainable remediation approaches.